The First of the First Responders! The CDA is hiring Public Safety Communications Operators NOW.
- $1,500 hiring bonus
- Starting salary: $35,360
- End of training salary: $39,520 (all training provided)
- $2.00 per hour night shift (10:00pm-6:00am) differential (increase)
- Work 14 days per month with every other weekend off
- **Overtime available**
- Group dental, medical, vision, life, and legal insurance plans
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Health and wellness program
- Gym on site
- Lucky Goat coffee on tap
Already State certified? GET PAID FOR YOUR EXPERIENCE!! Call (850) 606-5861 for more information.
Each applicant seeking a job as a Public Safety Communications Operator (PSCO) must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years at the time of hire
- Possess a high school diploma or an equivalent recognized certificate and preferably one year of full-time (2080 hours) public contact work experience that includes customer service; or successful completion of 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours at a community college, college or university
- Have the ability to work any shift assigned, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Be able to clearly, effectively and efficiently communicate in English, both verbally and in writing (bilingual ability is an advantage)
- Be capable of multitasking, exercising good judgment, making quick decisions in stressful situations, and relay information accurately
- Possess basic computer skills
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have no felony convictions
The Consolidated Dispatch Agency (CDA) will request documents validating the minimum training and experience requirement before the final hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Deadline (Continuous). Applications are accepted on a continuous basis.
Start Your Application Today
All interested parties must submit an application through the City of Tallahassee’s online application system. Click the button below to get started!
Only online applications will be accepted. Please ensure you complete all sections including education and work history, even if you submit a resume. In addition to the online application, all applicants must complete and submit a PSCO Applicant Job Requirement Questionnaire and Personal Information Questionnaire (PDF) which should be uploaded as an attachment via the online application process.
If you have a disability requiring accommodations, please call (850) 891-8214 Monday through Friday, between 8 AM and 5 PM, or TDD 711.