For Non-Emergencies call
(850) 606-5800
Tallahassee • Leon County • Florida

Traffic Reports

Serious Collisions, Self-Reports, and Complaints

cell phone in front of fender bender

If you are in a car collision involving any of the following, you must contact law enforcement to submit a crash report. Please stay at the scene and call (850) 606-5800, or dial 911 for emergencies.

  • A crash with injury
  • A crash with fatality
  • A hit and run crash
  • A DUI crash
  • A crash which requires a wrecker to remove the vehicle
  • A crash with a commercial motor vehicle
  • A crash where apparent damage is at least $500.00

If the accident does not meet the above listed criteria, you can fill out a self-report. Self-reports must be submitted to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles within 10 days of the incident. Completed forms may be sent digitally via email, or hardcopies can be sent through the mail.

Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Self Report Crash Team, 2900 Apalachee Parkway MS 28, Tallahassee, Florida 32399
visit FLHSMV website download report form send report via email

If you have a general, non-emergency traffic complaint, you can submit information to the Leon County Sheriffs Office on their website. Please note that the entries submitted through the form there are not checked or tended to immediately.

go to Leon County Sheriff's Office website

Crime Reports

closeup of police car lights

If you are experiencing an emergency and need help immediately, please dial 911. For non-emergencies, you can use one of the following ways to file a report about incidents that occurred within Tallahassee City Limits.

  • Request a police officer to respond to your location
  • File a report in person at the Tallahassee Police Department
  • File an online police report
  • Call the Tallahassee Police Department at 850-891-4200 or contact the CDA at 850-606-5800 to make a report over the phone
go to TPD's website

To file a report about an incident that occured outside of Tallahassee City Limits, please call the Leon County Sheriff’s Office or the police department for the city in which the incident occured. There is currently NOT an online method for reporting crimes to the Leon County Sheriff's Office, but you can call 850-606-5800 for assistance.

If a crime took place on the interstate, please call FHP at 850-245-7700.